The Civil Service Commission Regional Office No. 6 (CSCRO6) held the Recognition Rites for the 2016 Honor Awards Program (HAP) Regional Winners and Closing Program of Government Express at the Mall on September 15, 2016 at SM City Iloilo Activity Center, Mandurriao, Iloilo City.
The said event is one of the activities lined up in celebration of the 116th Philippine Civil Service Anniversary this September 2016 with the theme, “Sigaw ng Lingkod Bayani: Malasakit Para Sa Taumbayan, Kapwa Kawani, at Kalikasan.”
Out of 54 HAP nominations received by CSCRO6, 12 were chosen as this year’s regional winners as of May 31, 2016 by the HAP Regional Committee on Awards. Said regional winners are as follows:
A. Presidential Lingkod Bayan Award
- Dr. Marlon Destreza, Chief Education Supervisor, Department of Education- Division of Capiz
- Dr. Ramon G. Zarceno, SUC President II, Iloilo State College of Fisheries
- Clarence Darryl V. Alfuente, Project Development Officer II, Department of Social Welfare and Development RO6
- Tubong -Tubong Project, Department of Labor and Employment RO6
Members: Labor Attache II Ponciano M. Ligutom, OIC-Regional Director Salome O. Siaton, Chief Labor and Employment Officer Mary Agnes N. Capigon
B. CSC Pagasa Award
- Prof. Rejie F. Palmos, Associate Professor V, West Visayas State University
- Jeralvy M. Yanson, Jail Officer I, Bureau of Jail Management and Penology RO6
- Dr. Victor E. Navarra, SUC President, University of Antique
- Dr. Candida L. Firmeza, Social Insurance Officer II, Philippine Health Insurance Corporation RO6
- Botanical Dewormer, Capiz State University
Members: (1) Dr. Bede P. Ozaraga, Professor VI and (2) Dr. Ma. Sylvia I. Ozaraga, Professor VI
C. Dangal ng Bayan Award
1. Millard Villanueva, Mayor, Municipality of Concepcion, Iloilo
2. John Ian Vic Guarino, Administrative Aide IV, Department of Interior and Local Government- Aklan Provincial Offic
3. Noel A. Polaron, Principal III, Belison National High School, Department of Education- Division of Antique
CSC Chairperson Alicia dela Rosa-Bala served as Guest of Honor and Speaker during the awarding ceremony. The CSC Chair conferred the certificates of recognition to the regional winners together with Director IV Rodolfo B. Encajonado and Mr. Joe Marie C. Agriam, both members of the HAP RCA.
In her speech, Chair Bala presented the accomplishments of the regional winners and lauded them for their outstanding performance and for being exemplars of public service.
The HAP is an annual Search for outstanding public officials and employees spearheaded by the CSC. The 12 regional winners are qualified for screening at the national level wherein the HAP National Committee on Awards will select the winners for the CSC Pagasa and Dangal ng Bayan Awards and recommend finalists for the Presidential Lingkod Bayan Award for approval of the President of the Republic of the Philippines.
On the other hand, CSC Chair Bala together with Director Encajonado gave the certificates of participation to 25 government agencies that joined Government Express at the Mall. The said activity aimed to bring government services closer to the public. It ran from September 12-15, 2016 at the SM City Iloilo Activity Center during mall hours.
The CSC Chair also visited the CSCRO6 on September 16, 2016. During the Interface with the Chair, CSCRO6 personnel and officials had the chance to raise their issues and concerns with Chair Bala.
Aside from the said activities, CSCRO6 held the R.A.C.E. To Serve VI Fun Run on September 3, 2016 in Mandurriao, Iloilo City where around 1,300 runners from the private and public sectors participated in the 3K and 5K categories. The event aimed to promote healthy lifestyle and social consciousness. Proceeds of the Fun Run will go to the Pondong Pamanang Lingkod Bayan for the benefit of families of civil servants who died or were killed while performing their duties.
To show care for the environment, CSC RO6 in collaboration with the Department of Environment and Natural Resources RO6 and with the support of the Regional Association of National Government executives (RANGE) VI, also held a Mangrove Planting Activity on September 17, 2016 at Esplanade II, Diversion Road, Iloilo City.